If you're interested in attending UCLA, there are certain requirements that you must meet. As of 2021, UCLA had an acceptance rate of 12.3%, making it a highly selective university. Meeting the requirements and exceeding expectations will set you apart as a strong applicant.
UCLA Universal Requirements
To be considered for admission into UCLA, you must meet the following requirements:
- Complete the A-G subject requirements with a "C" grade or better in each course
- Take the SAT or ACT with Writing
- Score a minimum of 1360 on the SAT or 30 on the ACT
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in all A-G courses
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- Complete the UC application by the November 30th deadline
- Submit a personal statement
In addition to the above requirements, UCLA also considers your extracurricular activities, leadership roles, and work experience.
Requirements Per Program
Some programs require you to take specific classes to ensure you meet their profile. Here is a look at the specific requirement of some of the most competitive programs at UCLA:
- Business Economics: For this program, you must complete Calculus, Microeconomics, and Macroeconomics with a C grade or better.
- Pre-Human Biology and Society: For this program, you need to ensure yo complete biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Calculus with a C or better.
- Psychobiology: Here, you will need to complete Biology, Chemistry, and Mathematics with a C or better.
- Pre-Political Science: To have a successful application for this program, you need to fulfill at least two courses in American government or history and one course in microeconomics or psychology.
- Pre-International Development Studies: This program requires two courses in world history or cultures and two courses in economics, political science, or sociology.
Requirements for International Students
UCLA is known for its diverse student body, with students from all 50 states and over 100 countries. The university values diversity and strives to create a welcoming and inclusive community for all students.
International students must meet the same requirements as domestic students, with the addition of the following:
- Submit an official TOEFL or IELTS score
- Score a minimum of 80 on the TOEFL or 7 on the IELTS
- Complete the International Student Supplement to the UC Application
Meeting the entrance requirements for UCLA is no easy feat, but it's definitely worth it if you're interested in attending one of the best universities in the country. Good luck with your application!
Need Support to get into UCLA?
Following this rigorous application process can be stressful, but it is definitely achievable if you plan ahead. AdmissionPrep’s education consulting programs will guide you to your top schools and give you the skills, mentorship & pathways to succeed. We will make sure you apply to the right institutions, get accepted, land your dream job and have success in university and beyond. Make sure to visit this page to apply for the program!