As one of the top universities in the United States, the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) offers a wide range of scholarships and inclusive programs to help students finance their education. To ensure you are making the most out of these opportunities, you will need to start your research early on and fully understand the requirements. Good luck you found this blog!
Types of Scholarships and Programs
UCLA offers a variety of scholarships and inclusive programs to support students of diverse backgrounds. Some of the scholarships and programs include:
- Achievement Scholarship Program: awarded to students with financial need who have demonstrated academic potential. This scholarship is renewable for up to four years as long as the student maintains a minimum GPA.
- Blue and Gold Opportunity Plan: covers tuition and fees for eligible California residents with a family income of less than $80,000 per year. This program also provides additional grant funding to cover living expenses.
- California Dream Act: provides financial aid to eligible undocumented students who attended a California high school for at least three years.
- Chancellor's Blue and Gold Scholarship Program: awarded to students with financial need who are the first in their family to attend college. This scholarship covers tuition and fees for four years.
- UCLA Regents Scholarship: awarded to students with exceptional academic achievements and leadership skills. This scholarship covers tuition, fees, room, board, and other expenses for four years.
In addition to these programs, UCLA also offers need-based scholarships, merit-based scholarships, and scholarships for specific majors and academic achievements.
Merit-based scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement, leadership, and community involvement. These scholarships are highly competitive and are often based on GPA, standardized test scores, and extracurricular activities.
Need-based scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate financial need. These scholarships can cover tuition, fees, and other educational expenses.
Talent-based scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate exceptional skills in areas such as music, art, athletics, or other areas of expertise.
Top Scholarships Offered by UCLA
While UCLA offers a variety of scholarships, here are the top 5 scholarships that students should consider applying for:
- UCLA Regents Scholarship - awarded to students with exceptional academic achievements and leadership skills.
- Chancellor's Blue and Gold Scholarship Program - awarded to students with financial need and who are first-generation college students.
- Alumni Scholarships - awarded to students with a demonstrated record of academic excellence and community involvement.
- Achievement Scholarship Program - awarded to students with financial need and who have overcome significant challenges in their lives.
- The UCLA Foundation Scholarship - awarded to students with academic merit and financial need.
UCLA Scholarship Application Process
To apply for UCLA scholarships, students must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the CSS Profile. The deadline to submit these applications varies, so students should check the UCLA Financial Aid and Scholarships website for specific deadlines. Additionally, some scholarships require additional applications or essays, which can be found on the same website.
It is recommended that students begin the scholarship application process as early as possible, as some scholarships have early deadlines. Students should also note that some scholarships are awarded before admission decisions are made, while others are awarded after admission decisions are made.
Number of Scholarships Offered
UCLA offers over 700 scholarships each year, totalling over $4 million in financial aid. These scholarships are awarded to students based on academic merit, financial need, and other criteria. Students are encouraged to explore the various scholarship opportunities available and apply for those that best fit their needs and qualifications.
Need Support to Get into UCLA and Get Funding?
UCLA provides a range of scholarships and inclusive programs to support you in achieving your academic goals. By applying for scholarships and financial aid, you can reduce the burden of paying for college and focus on your studies. AdmissionPrep’s education consulting programs will guide you to your top schools and give you the skills, mentorship & pathways to succeed. We will make sure you apply to the right institutions, get accepted, land your dream job and have success in university and beyond. Make sure to visit this page to apply for the program!